Special offers to Members
In order to clear some space in our store room, we have decided to make a special offer: you may order any of the following back volumes at a price of R110 plus postage and packaging – as many copies as you like and as long as stocks last! Surprise your nearest and dearest – make your friends happy by giving them a handsome book! Contact Rolf Proske to place your orders at firstname.lastname@example.org or 021 423 8424 (Mondays, Wednesdays or Fridays, 9.30 to 12.30 or leave a message when no one is in the office).
33. Die Dagboek van H.A.L. Hamelberg, 1855-71; uitgegee en toegelig . . . deur F.J. du T. Spies
36. Andrew Smith and Natal; documents relating to the early history of the Province; edited by Percival R. Kirby.
39. The Reminiscences of Sir Walter Stanford; 1850-1885 Vol I; edited . . . by J.W. Macquarrie.
40. The Journal of Joseph Tindall, missionary in South-West Africa, 1839-55; edited . . . by B.A. Tindall.
41, 44, 47, 50. Selections from the Correspondence of J.X. Merriman, 1870-1890; 1890-1898; 1899-1904; 1905-1924; edited by Phyllis Lewsen.
43. The Reminiscences of Sir Walter Stanford; edited . . . by J.W. Macquarrie. Vol. II. 1885-1929
49 Travels and Adventures in South Africa by George Thompson; 1823-24. Edited by Vernon S. Forbes. Vol. II
50. Selections from the Correspondence of J.X. Merriman, 1905-1924; edited by Phyllis Lewsen.
12. Selections from the correspondence of Percy Alport Molteno 1892-1914; edited by Vivian Solomon.
14. The letters of Jane Elizabeth Waterston 1866-1905; edited by Lucy Bean and Elizabeth B. van Heyningen.
15. The Garrett Papers; edited with an introduction by Gerald Shaw.
16. Johannesburg Pioneer Journals 1888-1909; edited by Maryna Fraser.
17. Carl Peter Thunberg. Travels at the Cape of Good Hope 1772-1775; edited by Emeritus Prof. V.S. Forbes.
19. The Frontier War Journal of Major John Crealock; edited and introduced by Chris Hummel.
20. The Last Voyage of the Guardian, Lieutenant Riou Commander, 1789-1791; edited and introduced by M.D. Nash.
21. The Commissions of W. C. Palgrave Special Emissary to South West Africa, 1876-1885; edited and introduced by E. L. P. Stals.
22. Guillaume Chenu de Chalezac, the `French Boy', edited and introduced by Randolph Vigne
23. Johan August Wahlberg: Travel Journal and letters from, South Africa, Namibia & Botswana, 1838-1856; edited by Chris Hummel & Adrian Craig
25. Griqua Records, the Philippolis Captaincy, 1825-1861; compiled and edited by Karel Schoeman.
26. The war memoirs of Commandant Ludwig Krause 1899-1900; edited by Jerold Taitz with Ken Gillings and Arthur Davey
27. Norwegian missionaries in Natal and Zululand: selected correspondence (1844-1900); edited by Frederick Hale.
28. The journal of Gustav de Vylder, naturalist in South-Western Africa 1873-1875; translated and edited by Ione & Jalmar Rudner
29. The Cape Diaries of Lady Anne Barnard 1799-1800 - Vol I; edited by Margaret Lenta and Basil le Cordeur.
31. A Canadian Mounted Rifleman at War, 1899-1902: the reminiscences of A. E. Hilder; edited by A. G. Morris
32. The War Diary of Burgher Jack Lane, 1899-1900; edited by William Lane
33. Sir Graham Bower's Secret History of the Jameson Raid and the South African Crisis, 1895-1902; edited by Deryck Schreuder and Jeffrey Butler.
35. Moravians in the Eastern Cape, 1828-1928: Four accounts of Moravian Mission Work on the Eastern Cape Frontier; translated by F.R. Baudert and edited by T.Keegan.
36. Trials of Slavery - Selected Documents Concerning Slaves from the Criminal Records of the Council of Justice at the Cape of Good Hope, 1705-1794; edited by Nigel Worden and Gerald Groenewald
37. Words of Batswana: Letters to Mahoko a Becwana, 1883-1896: translated and edited by Part T. Mgadla and Stephen C. Volz
38. Francois le Vaillant: Travels into the interior of Africa via the Cape of Good Hope - Vol I; translated and edited by Ian Glenn with the assistance of Catherine Lauga du Plessis and Ian Farlam
40. Alan Paton: Selected letters. Edited and introduced by Peter F. Alexander (2009)
41. Friendship and Union. The South African Letters of Patrick Duncan and Maud Selborne 1907–1943; edited... by Deborah Lavin.
44. Into the hitherto Unknown. Ensign Beutler's Expedition to the Eastern Cape - 1752; translated by Thea Toussaint van Hove and Michael Wilson; edited... by Hazel Crampton, Jeff Peires and Carl Vernon
45. The World's Great Question: Olive Schreiner's South African Letters 1889-1920; edited by Liz Stanley and Andrea Salter.
46. An Entirely Different World: Russian Visitors to the Cape 1797-1870; edited by Boris Gorelik
To order any of the above publications go to the Order a Publication Page